http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A 365 to 40 Holiday, Day 19: Come, They Told Me...

Nothing but the big guns from here until Christmas, friends.

This song is legendary in my house. My mother grew up admiring Bing Crosby as a performer, and then I grew up watching her admire David Bowie. In 1977, when this was filmed, her world collided. The poignant/slightly creepy fact about this song was that the Christmas special it debuted on aired AFTER Bing had died. Such is the magic of television, I suppose. It would have to be magic to bring these two together. But this song is lovely; The Little Drummer Boy has long been one of my favorite carols, and the piece written for Bowie to sing makes me think of Lennon, in its simple wish for peace.

Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie and Bing Crosby

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.