http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, December 13, 2010

A 365 to 40 Holiday, Day 13: I Looked To The Sky With Excited Eyes

It took me years to discover who actually sang this song. I would hear it on the radio and be mesmerized by it. Since it wasn't a hugely popular artist, it was always over shadowed by bigger names, with much less beautiful tunes. The imagery in this song is just stunning; "they said there'd be snow at Christmas", as if, somehow, they lied. Particularly when you get to the ending line: "The Christmas we get we deserve." Almost ominous, Scrooge-like.

But you could, and I do, interpret that somewhat like what the Beatles were saying when they said, "the love you take is equal to the love you make". And it's true. We make our own Christmas. We can rush around, and complain, and be disappointed, or we can count the blessings we have. Our family, our friends, a winter's light, and a distant choir. The peal of a bell and that Christmas tree smell.

So, slow down. Find a blessing today. Linger on it for a while.


I Believe In Father Christmas - Greg Lake

MP3 File

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I love what you had to say in this one ... people stress themselves out SO much during Christmas...just enjoy!!!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.