http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Read The News Today, Oh Boy...

So, adding 30 seconds on to my proverbial 15 minutes of fame, I was featured in today's Boston Globe Magazine. Months ago, and I MEAN months ago, I filled out a survey to be considered for one of their columns, Dinner With Cupid. Fill out the survey, and the Globe staff attempts to match you up with someone else, sends you on a blind dinner date, and then the post-mortem survey gets published in the magazine on Sundays. I have been reading this column forever, and in a lingering spirit of Ireland's adventurousness, and being unattached, I said, "what the hell?" Filled it out, sent it away, and then heard nothing. Nothing for so long, I'd almost forgotten I did it.

Until the first week in December, when I get an email from the column's editor stating they may have found me a match; was I still interested? And, in the continuing spirit of living life out loud and being open to whatever the universe was throwing my direction, I replied saying, "Sure."

You can read the synopsis yourself
. It was a perfectly lovely, no-sparks evening. Worth the time, but the conclusion to this story is no surprise, and I completely don't care. I'm just glad for the experience. And, the comments my friends are making on my facebook page and texting to me are priceless.

So, although only the first line of this song fits, it's running through my head. Enjoy the read! I certainly did ;)

A Day In The Life - The Beatles

MP3 File

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.