http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, January 17, 2011

So If I'm Inside Your Head

My apartment really responds to sunlight. Different rooms in my house capture it at different points of the day, and even when the blinds are drawn, the quality of light, the softness, the warmth, makes me really love this little home I've made here on my own.

This morning, I was lazily prolonging my time in bed, as I have the day off today. And as the sun grew higher in the sky as the morning drew on, I dozed on and off as the light in the room changed from darkness, to this soft dove gray, brightening over time. And it was warm, and quiet, and a beautiful, inviting, calming light, and I finally dragged myself out of bed. I'll be honest, I was remembering something(one) specific in that light, and I just didn't want to be in there by myself any more.

But even something slightly wistful like that does not keep me from loving the light in that room in the early morning, and my big warm comforter, and multiple pillows. And sometimes, I don't want to share that light with anyone; it's mine. Some mornings, though, I remember.

Waste - Phish

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.