http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Winding Your Way Down Baker Street

The Foo Fighters perform a great cover of one of my favorite songs from the seventies. Sad to learn today of the death of Gerry Rafferty, author of this and the Stealer's Wheels classic "Stuck in the Middle With You". The original is below:



I can remember hearing "Baker Street" on the car radio and asking my mother not to turn the station. It was summer, and we were driving down a long road in Westwood, and that saxophone was just swirling around me.

Baker Street - The Foo Fighters

MP3 File

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous NUN said...

RIP.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

what a rough life he had ... RIP

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.