http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I've Been Dreaming...

So, obviously, things are going really well in my life right now. Christopher (yes, his name; I'll keep his tag short though;) is wonderful, and he makes me dream. Big. I struggle, as always, with not shooting too far ahead of myself, but, I don't think I'm wrong this time. He is so positive, and so supportive, and so much fun. I feel like I've finally met someone who really understands what makes me tick. And, with his second masters, and busy job, and large circle of friends and close family, I don't have to convince him of the things that are important to me; he already knows.

To celebrate this, I changed my facebook status to "in a relationship" the other night, and I'm telling you, my friends were falling over themselves to "like" it, and comment on it. Generally running the, "it's about time!" or "you deserve to be happy finally!" gamut. Which makes me REALLY wonder how badly I'd been screwing up this love thing all these years. But, it was wonderful to read this outpouring of support from real-life friends and online friends, and even brand new friends Christopher has brought to me. And he, who was ambivalent about the status change before this, saw that love-fest, and decided to not only change his status, but name us as well. Which prompted another round of people falling over themselves to show us some love.

It makes me just want to thank everyone for being so supportive, not only now, when things are good, but for all these years of paying attention to when things weren't so good, and I tried really hard to hide it, soldier through it, make it all ok on my own. Sure, I loved being single much of the time; I loved the control I had over my life and my schedule, and I've taken on some really great things in my time alone. But you all know I had nights, and many of them, where I was lonely, and wanted a partner to share it all with me. And this is what I'm feeling is so different about Christopher and me; I don't feel that I'm giving up anything by welcoming him into my life. He's enhancing what's already good.

Something To Talk About - Badly Drawn Boy

MP3 File

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Lovely post and I can relate :-)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.