http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, March 12, 2011

No Sweeping Exits or Off-Stage Lines

Sometimes, only the chorus of a song, and the groove of a song, is situationally appropriate. This is alright, though. Sometimes when you're trying to capture a feeling, a song will grab you and not let go.

I begin and end my days right now with conversation. At turns centering, stimulating, belly-laugh funny, serious, and tender. I haven't talked on the phone with someone I've cared about, this much, in a long time. Still at the stage where we have so much to talk about, these beginning and ending check-ins are easy. But important, too. And they became that way rapidly. C's going on another business trip this coming week, and will be gone until Friday, so these phone calls will be even more important.

These connections being formed continue to amaze and surprise me. Yesterday we spent half the day communicating about vacations together. I can't wait to find out where we're going.

Next week's distance will slow the horses a bit, and in a practical sense, that's good. Neither of us are looking to burn this out; we're both thinking longevity and sustainability. Like we're some green organization, that's a funny comparison. But true. And the horses are still running hard. They're beautiful, too.



Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.