http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

All I Want Is a Remedy

Repost, as I'm super busy, and even more annoyed. But summer is not the same without an Andrew story... :)

So many vivid summer memories of mine involve Andrew. This song wasn't really our song, but it was related to the last time I can remember him trying to protect me from something.

It was the summer this album came out, 1992. and I had been out at the Audobon Reservation with him and his friend Jim. I didn't know about the heroin use then, but that's how Andrew and Jim were friends. And, I was crushing on Jim bad; he looked like he should BE in the Black Crowes. And Andrew, knowing I didn't know about his darkness, just kept getting in the way. For all the drugs he did in his life, he wasn't ever going to be the one to introduce them into mine.

At any rate, we were having a gorgeous afternoon, and the three of us probably listened to this song, in the car's CASSETTE PLAYER, four or five times that day. So, I always think of that rock ledge, and the woods, and two fantastically trippy dudes dancing under the trees.

Remedy - The Black Crowes

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.