http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Close My Eyes and Think of You

Reblog, as I have little to say today. Overdid it walking on my foot, missing Christopher, getting bored with my couch. So, here's a snapshot, and a song from the mix, too.

***
This morning, I had such a memory surge. I was in my office, preparing some material to do educational testing (last mention of my "real job"), and I had to cue up a cassette tape. I stuck my pinky finger in the hole to advance the tape, and suddenly, every instance of making a mix tape came flooding back to me in a rush. Because, if you remember, to get the maximum amount of audio onto those 45 minute sides, you needed to advance the tape forward, so that half of the recording tape showed, and not just the blank leader film. Do you remember? Or is it that you were possibly not as anal as I was about squeezing every second out of it?

Here's a song from one of the classic mix tapes of my life.

Star Power - Sonic Youth

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.