http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Don't Be Fancy, Just Get Dancey

Invariably, when I come to New Jersey to hang out with Liz, she's playing me pop songs I've never heard before (because I listen to so little commercial radio), and is amazed when I don't know them. However, I DID know this one after a few minutes listening.

One night, Christopher, Cat, Beth, and I were out having drinks at a local pub, and there was a surprisingly good cover band, with an energetic female singer. Shaved head, white tank top, low rider jeans, and she KICKED this song. I mean, it was a jam. I grabbed her business card, because she books the bands for events, and I think I'd love it if they played at my 40th birthday party. They were good. And this song was a stand out.

We're heading out tonight with the girls. Beach Bar, Watermark, places on the Asbury Park boardwalk. So, raise your glass :)

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh my word, I totally do that, don't I? Ack! I'm just as bad as well meaning moms who tell you how to parent! Hahaha. You can now tell me how a Wilco-like band I scoffed at is brilliant. Or maybe I should start pushing electronic pop on you. ;-)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.