http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, July 11, 2011

Maybe It's The Time or The Place or The Things I See That Remind Me...

Years and years ago, I received the infamous "mix tape". I've written about it before, in some detail. I've always wanted to chronicle the songs on that tape, and I've been able to acquire most of them. This one, by Boston band The Neats, was a tough one to get my hands on, but here is footage from their reunion concert.

This tape was my Rosetta stone from Springsteen and Def Leppard to the wild world of alternative, and punk, and how emotional lyrical content could be raw and unmitigated.



Tear My Soul - The Neats

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.