http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The More Things Change...

I was a particularly klutzy child. Beginning at 18 months, when I smacked my head on the coffee table and required stitches, to a compound fracture of my right leg at 2 1/2, a broken nose, fingers, more stitches, various trips and falls and walking in to walls. Coordination and I have a tenuous relationship. Yoga has been immensely helpful.

So imagine my intense chagrin this evening when, walking on the Esplanade to a free yoga class led by one of the owners of my studio, I catch an edge on the stairs and badly sprain my ankle. Surprisingly, the yoga did not aggravate the sprain; walking back to my car did. Christopher was wonderful and accompanied me to the emergency room, and then had to deal with the vagaries of Norwood restaurants not serving food after 10:00 pm. He was wonderful.

I am sore, and cranky, and likely put our lovely weekend in PA in jeopardy. I can barely walk. But, it's not broken, so that's something. And it was a lovely evening by the Charles River, despite the pain.

Doctor Robert - The Beatles

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I am sorry about your ankle! But glad Christopher was wonderful (2x) and it was a lovely evening despite the whole ER thing. Ah, joy. :-)

Really, though, best to break him into Norwood closing hours and ER now. xoxo

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Christopher said...

You know, Norwood ER and a late-night meal are both well within my wheelhouse; it's going to take a hell of a lot more than lil Norwood to keep me from a meal. I was really glad I could keep the mood a tad light and keep Courtney distracted in the hospital last evening; it was fun pushing her around ER and radiology in a wheelchair.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.