http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, July 02, 2011

The World It Owes You Nothing

Reading the autobiography of someone you know personally can be a little strange at times. Part of the story, you know really well, and other parts of the story take you by surprise. Bob writes prose the way he writes music: direct, unmitigated, unapologetic, resonant, emotional, tight.

What the backstage pass gets you

I bought it yesterday, and have been slowly working my way through, his collected song output playing in the background. So far, it's been worth every page. This song seems to sum up so much of the underlying theme.

The Receipt - Bob Mould

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Zarnage said...

Thanks for a ggreat read

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.