http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Here Comes The Rain

Rain on the first full day of vacation isn't necessarily a great thing; however, we've weathered it (pun intended) fairly well. Leisurely breakfast, quick errand to get some household items we didn't think to pack (a pop up laundry hamper that will fold flat being one of them), a seafood lunch (The Original Seafood Restaurant in Dennisport--yum), and an afternoon of movies and card games. Nana brought her famous sauce and meatballs, and we'll likely do more movies and cards after dinner. If it stops raining, perhaps a walk to the beach.

The Cult brings back the spring and summer of ninth grade for me, in grand fashion. Trip to Canada, this blaring in my headphones on the bus ride. Then, that summer, down here at the Cape, listening to this on the portable boom box with my friend Amy and two boys we met. Amy was interested in making out; I was less interested in making out and more interested in talking about this album. Story of my life in miniature, it seems. We met them on the beach, and spent that whole Memorial Day weekend trying to meet up with them, and hold their attention. I remember a Benetton rugby shirt and jean shorts (mine), and a tentative attempt at kissing, but, he wasn't that cute, and the music was better. Another summer down here with Amy yielded the same results, except stretched over a two week period. However, what I didn't do in kissing, I made up for in a genuine friendship and a few years worth of letters. I think I got the better deal.

Story about Mom and her flashbacks being down here tomorrow. Good blog fodder, as soon as I find the right song :)

Rain - The Cult

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.