http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

If My Words Did Glow With The Gold Of Sunshine

Last night, after dinner, my mother navigated Cat, Beth, and I back to the beach where this picture was taken. Although the houses we stayed in all those years ago are no longer standing, replaced by state of the art duplexes (and if they are for rent, I want to rent one), the houses you see in the background are still standing, right there at the entrance to Mayflower Beach. The lifeguard chair is in the exact same spot, and the sunset was just as spectacular as all the sunsets we saw as children.

colleen and me

The hilly beach leading to our old cottages has been replaced by the boulders that shored up the home sites, but the rest of the beach was unchanged. It was magical, and we talked, half seriously, on our drive back to this house, about maybe buying a family home down here, all of us together.

I'm choosing this song today, as it's one of my funeral songs, and fills me with longing and memory, just like this picture. Also, today is the anniversary of Jerry's passing, and in my opinion, this is his finest moment. Colleen chose the song when Darrin announced it was Jerry's anniversary.

Ripple - Grateful Dead

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.