http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

You Say Goodbye, And I Say Hello

This afternoon was the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Norwood High School. Such an honor and a privilege for me to have been involved with the process of campaigning for the override approval, watching the construction, and yesterday, taking a picture of the final pieces of the old school before it came down. So glad to have been there today as town government, state government and citizens celebrated a new beginning for the students of Norwood, while simultaneously waking the rubble of the old building, which sat in piles in front of the podium and the gleaming new facade.

The inside of the building is spectacular. But, as my colleague remarked to me, it's not the building itself that should create the memories and affection, it's the people we meet in its halls. So I congratulate my town for their new beginning, and I remember fondly, with some bittersweet tinges, the people I came across in the old NHS. And, as I remarked later that afternoon, to a cynic trying to hold on to something that needed to fall down long ago, "NHS is dead... long live NHS".

You say goodbye, and I say hello...

Hello, Goodbye - The Beatles

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.