http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Saturday, October 01, 2011

All These Places Have Their Moments


Today is my 40th birthday.  Holy.hell.

It once seemed so old.  Now that I’m here, and I don’t feel 40, and, by other people’s estimations, look 40 either, I’m wondering what the big deal is.  I will tell you this about 40; I am in the best place of my life, and it’s all in front of me.  My career, although currently frustrating, is fulfilling and challenging.  I’m surrounded by family and friends who love and understand me, and I’m in a relationship that has opened up my world.  If this is 40, I’ll take it.

Throughout this year, I’ve shared songs with you that have told you stories of the past, given you insight into what I was thinking or feeling at that moment, and sometimes just described my day.  By no means is this soundtrack finished, but this is the last song of this collection.  My favorite song, my message to you, all of you who helped me to this point, and those of you who will be traveling on with me.  I have loved every minute of this project, even on the days I struggled to find the right tune.  There is little I enjoy more than sharing music with my friends, and this has been my ultimate mix tape. 

Thank you, everyone. 

Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before,
I know I’ll often stop and think about them,
In my life, I love you more…
 


In My Life - The Beatles

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

This is why it doesn't make me sad. THIS. Everything has it's season under the sun, and this is your season for this song. :-)

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.