http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Like My Back Ain't Got No Bone

Christopher and I went to see B.B. King at the North Shore Music Theater last night (meaning "today" as this should be yesterday's post), and I had never seen him before, so this was going to be an interesting show for me.  Two great opening bands, one a country rock trio, and the second a rhythm and blues trio, that really shone.  Evan Goodnow Band, I believe.  B.B. took the stage with an eight-piece band and an entourage to help him up there and to his seat.  Some, "observations" about the show...

Whitest.crowd.ever.  It was actually confusing.

When one is 85 years old and a legend, you don't have to stand to play guitar anymore.  In fact, when one is 85 years old and a legend, you can let the band do most of the heavy lifting and play mostly accent notes all night. ;)

When one is 85 years old and a legend, you can get bored in the middle of a song and start playing something else.

Still, an excellent night in terms of musical bucket list acts, and Christopher and I are good at concerts together.  Fun time, good music, and a good way to wind down a long and trying work day.



B.B. King - Rock Me Baby











Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.