http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

You Can Do What You Want, The Opportunity's On

Today was the first day of school for many of my friends and family. For me, it was not a great start. Low to medium level chaos for most of the day, and a three hour meeting with my director, writing a response to a complaint against my school, which is not looking good for us, I must say. Tiring, and I missed yoga, which I really needed today, too.

Instead of focusing on all the negative, though, I decided to spread a little good cheer on Facebook, and tried to message all of my teacher friends from my former district and my Ireland crew. And, since I missed yoga, I had time to stop by my sister's house and see how the first day unfolded there. Colleen's first day back in the classroom after an extended leave, Max's first day of fourth grade, Grace starting a new day care, Darrin's second year as principal, AND, Ben's first day of middle school.

Middle school. Ben is one of "my crowd" now. I can't believe it sometimes, that he's 11 years old. It seemed like only yesterday I was changing his diaper and entertaining/distracting him by singing this song to him. He loved to hear me sing this one; it always made him laugh. Plus, it's such a perfect song to sing to a child: "well there's a million things to do, you know that there are..."

So, on this first day of his very new, very big adventure into adolescence, I want to continue to wish him this song.

If you want to sing out, sing out,
And if you want to be free, be free,
'Cuz there's a million things to be,
You know that there are...

If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out - Cat Stevens

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.