http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Friday, April 25, 2008

Nineteen Songs

So Tesco tagged me. Which is unusual, since he rarely plays along with that kind of thing. However, he's going to get mix cd's out of the deal, so I'm sure that was a primary motivator. The rules are as follows:

1. Choose 19 of the songs you like best, regardless of artist or genre.
2. Put them all together in a CD.
3. Make 5 other copies.
4. Post your playlist on your blog.
5. Choose 5 people and send them a copy of your CD each. Send the first copy you made to the one who tagged you.

So, here are my 19 songs. They are all over the place, so hang on.
1. Keep Hangin' On - Husker Du
2. Badge - Cream
3. 99 Problems - Jay-Z (or any mashup/remix of that song, like the Dangermouse or Linkin Park versions)
4. Southtown Girls - The Hold Steady
5. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
6. Ohio - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
7. Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen
8. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
9. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
10. Norweigian Wood - The Beatles
11. Kiss Off - the Violent Femmes
12. The River - Bruce Springsteen
13. The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
14. Times Like These - the Foo Fighters
15. Judas Cradle - Sugar
16. Evolve - Ani DiFranco
17. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
18. When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
19. Next Time Round - Elvis Costello and the Imposters

There's a few on his mix that I really enjoy as well, so I'm looking forward to receiving it. As for my tags, well, they're the obvious choices, to me anyway:
Ernie
Jason
White Man in Hammersmith (MJ)
Jaichan
Joe

I'll also accept random solicitations. Those of you tagged, who don't know how to find me in real life to send a cd (also, I need to send you all one), email me, and I'll send you the stats.

Have fun!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I get a cd? this is pretty cool.

I shall have to come up with an appropriately cool CD. I'll play along but I'm afraid you'll already have all the songs I'd put on there, Ms Extensive Musical Taste!

8:57 AM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

That's a pretty good list but I would have a hard time narrowing it down to just 19.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! I'm going to play along myself! Thanks for always sharing these great lists.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to do the CD but it may take me a week or so.. but I will do it! I guess I'll need to go buy some CD-R's.. And I was gonna say something else here but I forgot what it was. Obviously it was very important! :-)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.