I'm Only Dancing
I wonder if the people around me at the gym know that I'm secretly dancing in my head when I'm on the treadmill? Seriously. My iPod playlists are filled with dance tunes and hip/hop and mashups, which, when I'm in my living room, I'm grooving, moving around, sexing it up, happy as can be. I'm happy when I'm dancing. And, I'm happy when I'm on the treadmill, because I'm doing something good for me. Granted, I'm not working out with the goal of being an American Gladiator, not even close. But, the truth is, I feel better physically and mentally when I've spent even 20 minutes on the treadmill (I did much more than that today). Exercise and endorphins and all that good stuff. And since dancing is physical activity, it produces the same reactions in my head.
Therefore, when you see me in the gym, mouthing the words to some song, and moving my arms, know that those arm movements are only slightly less obvious versions of the movements I use when I dance. Audience or not.
----------------
Now playing: David Bowie - John, I'm Only Dancing
via FoxyTunes





4 Comments:
I always thought a tread mill would be so boring but I see you make good use of it in your head. However I know full well that if I did my usual day dreaming I would fall off. Not a pretty sight:)
Thank you for your visit.
HA! You and me both, although I have rock and metal on my MP3 player. Still, I jump on the elliptical, close my eyes, and go to town.
It's the only way to push myself hard enough.
Michele sent me today!
Nice post. For sure, exercise gives energy more than it takes.
I so hear you! When I go cycling, I don't, of course, wear headphones. But I listen to tunes before I head off on a ride to kind of fill my head with the songs. Then I play them back in my mind as I crank away. My head often bobs to the imagined beat, too. I'm sure passers-by think I'm nuts. Oh well...it feels good, which is pretty much the only thing that matters.
Post a Comment
<< Home