http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I Seem To Recognize Your Face...

When you're woken up at 4:30 am by the pain in your throat, you know you're pretty sick. Such was my morning. Fortunately, I have programmed the school's sick call line into my cell phone, which, by reason of mad texting during the end of last night's Sox game (WOOHOO!!) was conveniently on my bedside table. Eventually, I got up, made an appointment with the doctor and reluctantly left my house.

I look terrible today. Obviously. I'm sick. So, of course, sitting in the doctor's waiting room was someone I went to high school with, who I haven't seen in probably 15 years. And of course, we recognize each other. He was always really attractive when we were young, and he still is, although somewhat "soft" around the edges these days (aren't we all?). We had a pleasant conversation, as pleasant as I could be feeling like someone had ripped my throat out and made me gargle glass. Sent off with a prescription, I'm back on the couch, under a blanket, cup of tea at hand, trying to determine if work is on the docket tomorrow.

There's no point to this story, really, other than the small observation of how time softens many things, memories, bodies, resentments. Wouldn't you agree?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.