http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A 365 to 40 Holiday, Day 7: Olden Times and Ancient Rhymes, and Love and Dreams To Share

Today's song is special for all sorts of reasons. First and foremost, my sisters and I LOVE (not past tense, current) this special, and will still make every effort to watch it on TV. Yes, I own the DVD, but I won't watch it until I've seen it on the networks first. It makes it still "a special" that way. Peanuts is my sister Cat's favorite cartoon, and Linus is her favorite ever. So, this is all tied up in memories of being a kid, in our pjs with a special snack, sitting cross-legged in front of the tv, waiting for those ridiculous York Peppermint Patty commercials to be finished so we could get to the best part. "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

In church, as we got older and a little more irreverent, we would throw our heads back like the Peanuts gang whenever we had to sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" at the close of Christmas Eve mass. I wrote a quiz for my sixth grade students one year, for extra credit points.

Everything about this song is special to me, an all time classic. It's posted today for two reasons: one, it's on Channel 5 (local ABC affiliate, check your own listings) tonight, so you know where I'll be at 8:00. Two, it's MJ's birthday today, and he requested this one for his birthday post. So, happy birthday, friend. Glad you're back to listen to yet another countdown.

Christmas Time is Here (vocal) - Vince Guaraldi Trio

MP3 File

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.