http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Monday, December 06, 2010

A 365 to 40 Holiday, Day 6: Until Then, We'll Have to Muddle Through Somehow...

I never knew just how truly poignant and melancholy this song was until last year, when I finally heard the song in the context of the movie, "Meet Me In St. Louis". Singing to friends and family who are literally far away, and Judy Garland's voice, sounding so small, and damaged; it finally just killed me. I always knew it was sad, but its power finally crystallized for me after seeing that film. Yes, there were tears.

And yes, last year, as I was having this revelation about this song, I was thinking of someone in particular. Someone with who we always seem to be muddling through just whatever it is we are to each other. Staring across the canyon of whatever it is we can't get ourselves around. Until then, until when. And when the full weight of those lyrics hit me, this song rocketed up my personal Christmas hit chart from nice little number to must-listen all-time favorite.

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland

MP3 File

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.