http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, January 30, 2011

How Long Must We Sing This Song?

There is always more than one side to armed conflict. There are always perspectives not clear to the watching world.

As we sit and watch the growing unrest and violence in Egypt today, the anniversary of another violent and deadly protest against a government is marked today. Thirty-nine years ago today, the Bogside Massacre occurred in Derry, perhaps best known in America as the event that inspired today's song.

So, as the news of the world unfolds before us, I have to join in this chorus, and ask the question, "how long, how long must we sing this song?"



Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.