http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My, My, My, It's A Beautiful Day

Christopher and I were really, really lucky and were called for wait listed tickets to Colin Hay last night. He played this amazing club called The Carelton, and I wish I could airlift this club into Boston, as I have a long list of bands I'd love to see here. We got there about half an hour before he started, and we were seated with another couple, Nicolai and Jill, who were lovely and friendly, and the four of us really enjoyed our evening together.

Colin was, as always, amazing. Two notable moments: during "Down Under", which he has arranged to be a really sophisticated solo guitar number, Christopher turned to me and said, "I've been listening to this song half my life, and I had no idea it was such a magnificent, beautifully written song." Jill agreed. And, today's song, Beautiful World, made me cry. Because, mymymy, it IS a beautiful world.

Joy. Music. Fun people. Such a great time in Halifax; you've been wonderful. Off to the coast for some quieter times.



Beautiful World - Colin Hay

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.