http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/477405803_93608b85ab_o.gif
Midvale School for the Gifted Alumni Association

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in Review

Don't ask me where I first saw this meme, but the last place I remember seeing it was at Jaichan's place. Go through your archives for the year, and post the first sentence from the first post that month. A little fortune telling, perhaps, some patterns revealed? At any rate, here's my year in 12 succinct sentences. The month is a link to the original entry.

January: Today, I dismantled Christmas in my apartment.
February: What does liking fudge dinosaurs say about a person, really?
March: ...since I installed my site meter.
April: ...the typical Saturday errands that involved buying a bottle of wine to go with dinner has turned into something else entirely.
May: ...I don't ask you for much.
June: So The Telegraph took a survey of its readers about the best albums of all time, and Oasis BEAT the Beatles.
July: Granted, most of us won't be taking our laptops to the beach this weekend (though, if someone knows of a beach with wireless internet access in the New England area, drop me a line. And a shield for my screen), however, as much of America has the next few days off, I thought that in between the lawn mowing, fireworks, and barbeques, one or two of you might want a little light reading to pass the quieter moments. (yes, that is ONE SENTENCE technically)
August: A little cable channel emerged...
September: The Times Online published this article today, citing a Scottish study that demonstrates that "the sound of guitar-based rock such as Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC and the Red Hot Chili Peppers improves concentration and boosts memory." (source)
October: Of course, after the party that Dale threw for me last night, one that eventually involved me wearing a tiara and pigtails and dancing in my living room to LL Cool J, my head doesn't feel like doing much of anything.
November: More changes here at the Midvale School.
December: Obviously, the Advent Calendar is starting today.

So, what does it tell me? For starters, every English teacher I ever had is having massive coronaries right about now, due to the overuse of the elipses. New Year's Resolution for blog: title and first sentence need to be separate entities. Apparently, I spent one-sixth of the year drunk, always a fantastic sign. Music took up a lot of my time, and a little begging. Although, that begging paid off big, and I'll be begging again come spring.

So, goodbye to 2006, and welcome 2007. I hope all of you enter the New Year ready for changes, and that you find what you need to be peaceful and happy. God bless you all.

Peace and love,
Courtney

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oasis beating the Beatles is wrong on so many levels, especially as they've put out no really good albums that weren't them trying to "be" the Beatles.

Grrrr

8:59 AM  
Blogger APN said...

I would agree with you -- spending 1/6 of the year drunk is a fine way to spend one's time. Here's to appropriate & wonderful levels of intoxication in 2007!

And I received your 2 discs. They were excellent. Is there anyway you could e-mail me a track list for both of them?

APN

9:31 AM  
Blogger Fen said...

I've seen this meme a couple of times now and it looks like fun. I will give it a run either tonight or tomorrow.

Should be an interesting snapshot into what was going on then. I hope my first posts aren't all ranty and spit-flecked!

Happy New Year!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

I love an ellipses. :) I constantly overuse them.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Midvale School For the Gifted

    follow me on Twitter
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Norwood, MA, United States

    "So I walk like I'm on a mission, 'cuz that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do, I've got less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cuz I have the kind of beauty that moves..." Ani D.


    www.flickr.com
    crau1971's photos More of crau1971's photos

    PodCamp

    Powered by Blogger

               
    Marriage is love.